Namibia at First Glance Fly-In Safari
The Namibia at first Glance fly-in safari covers vast distances allowing for more time for activities at your exclusive destinations. A ‘bird’s eye’ view offers a different perspective of our beautiful country.
- Cruising Speed: 280km/hr
- Cruising Altitude: 10 000 feet
- Maximum Range: 1380km
- Seating Configuration: 4 Passengers; 1 Crew
- Standard checked luggage allowance – 15 to 20 kg per passenger.
- The final luggage allowance per person is subject to the total body weight of all passengers, the number of passengers, the distance flying between destinations and the type of airstrip used for landing.
- Each flight and aircraft luggage allowance is individually calculated and amended according to the above-mentioned factors. ONLY SOFT BAGS PERMITTED.
- General terms and conditions of Desert Air Africa Safaris will apply
- Drastic increase in fuel levies on flights will apply
- Flight is subjected to weight and balance allowances
- All bookings and accommodation offered is subject to availability.
- Any additional requests, can be booked through Desert Air Africa Safaris
- Price includes VAT and tourism levy where applicable
- A deposit of 25% on the total amount payable for purposes of reserving or securing the booking
- All activities and flights along the coastal area, is weather conditions dependent.
- Private charter flight
- Meals, activities and road transfers as specified.
- International flights.
- Meals and beverages not specified.
- Travel and Medical insurance.
- Visa services.
|Windhoek International Airport to Sossusvlei||1 h 10 min|
|Sossusvlei to Swakopmund including a scenic flight||1 h 30 min|
|Swakopmund to Onguma||1 h 45 min|
|Onguma to Windhoek International Airport||1h 55 min|
Day 1 & 2
NamibRand Nature Reserve – Sossusvlei Lodge
Sossusvlei is located in the heart of the Namib Naukluft Park, one of Namibia’s most visited attractions. Find perspective and experience the tranquillity and isolated beauty of the Namib Desert. The distinctive landscape of subtle shifting burned orange and apricot coloured dunes, fashioned by the wind, towering above the desert floor will seduce any visitor and is a must see.
The superior accommodation units at Sossusvlei Lodge feature a patio to enjoy views over the desert landscapes, a spacious air-conditioned twin-bedded room and a full en-suite bathroom. Facilities include a sparkling pool, bar, sundowner deck, beer garden and an al fresco terrace where one can enjoy exquisite food, award-winning wines and magnificent views of the floodlit waterhole.
- Sossusvlei Lodge – 2 Nights stay.
- Arrive at Windhoek International Airport (Hosea Kutako). Meet your pilot and fly to Sossusvlei airstrip.
- Road transfer to Sossusvlei Lodge.
- Sundowner Nature Drive
Depart from Sossusvlei Lodge in the late afternoon on a leisurely drive on the Lodge’s private reserve. Watch the shadows lengthen as your guide takes you out to a panoramic location where sundowner drinks will be served as you relax and watch the spectacular sunset. The inner tranquillity that a desert sunset imparts while you sit amongst nature is really something special.
- Sossusvlei & Deadvlei Breakfast Excursion An early start from the Lodge to enter the Namib Naukluft Park at sunrise, while the temperature is still mild and when the dune contrasts are at their best. You will travel in one of the all-terrain URI Gameviewer vehicles, custom-built in Namibia for the Lodge, with your own specially trained guide who will share all his knowledge of the area, animals, plant life and much more with you.
Day 3 & 4
Swakopmund – Strand Hotel
Swakopmund offers many touristic attractions like splendid buildings, a wonderful town promenade the aquarium and many more. The nearby surroundings are also of touristic importance. Especially the coastal road flanked by dunes on the one side and by the Atlantic Ocean on the other is very impressive.
Located at the promenade with views of the ocean, Strand Hotel Swakopmund features a spa, three restaurants and a small brewery, which also specialises in Namibian and German meat dishes. Drinks and snacks can be enjoyed at the lounge bar or at the pavilion on the beach. The spa offers a variety of massages and also features a rooftop garden with water features.
- Strand Hotel – 2 Nights stay.
- Road transfer to Sossusvlei airstrip.
- Fly to Swakopmund with a scenic flight over Sossusvlei and the coastline.
- Road transfer to Strand Hotel.
- Guided Quad Biking in the Namib Desert
Take a majestic ride through the Namib Dunes on a Quad bike. Experience the sheer thrill of riding a quad bike through Namibia’s boundless expanse of shifting sand dunes. An experienced guide will read you through the Swakopmund River mouth into the dune belt. Tours include the Amphitheatre, roller Coasters, Big Billy and Devil’s Dip dunes.
- Seal and Dolphin Cruise
See Namibia’s ‘marine big five’ wildlife on a catamaran cruise for a marine educational sightseeing tour. Experience the thrill of dolphins leaping out of the water alongside the boat, seals fed by hand, fresh oysters and cold champagne on the calm waters of the Walvis Bay lagoon. The initial route takes you past oyster farms as you approach Pelican Point with its landmark lighthouse and 60,000 resident cape fur seals.
Day 5 & 6
Etosha – Onguma Bush Camp
Etosha National Park is one of Namibia’s wildlife highlights. One of Africa’s greatest safari destinations, Etosha delights every time, adding to the already bizarre collection of Namibian landscapes.
Onguma Safari Camps is situated on the eastern border of Etosha National Park, in friendly Namibia. Onguma offers great game viewing, romance, tranquillity, adventure and so much more! The lounge and dining areas overlook a stunning waterhole that affords great opportunities to see nature at play around the clock. You don’t even have to leave the camp to see game, they come to you! What better place to enjoy a sundowner drink.
- Onguma Bush Camp – 2 Nights stay.
- Road Transfer to Swakopmund airstrip.
- Fly to Onguma.
- Road transfer to Onguma Bush Camp.
- On day 7 – fly to Windhoek International Airport.
- Sundowner Drive at Onguma Join us on an afternoon sundowner nature drive on the Onguma Reserve where our expert guides will explain the many intricacies of the bush. The Reserve boasts over 30 different animal species. Plains game roam freely on the Reserve and predators although not always easy to spot, are nevertheless common residents of the area. Lions and cheetahs are frequently seen and often heard. There is a healthy black rhino and leopard population and hyenas are also often seen and heard. All of which can be spotted during your Sundowner Drive.
- Game Drive into Etosha National Park
A visit to the wilderness is a top highlight on a Namibian safari, offering unique wildlife and game viewing and 86 springs, fountains and waterholes, including a floodlit waterhole at each of the park’s main tourist camps allowing for fantastic photographic opportunities. Our Etosha Game drives take guests into the Etosha National Park and are guided by our expert guides and in our open-sided vehicle.