Sand to Sea Fly-In Safari
Discover the vastness of Namibia on this 6 night Itinerary. Experience the raw power of the Fish River Canyon, uncover the natural wonders of Sossusvlei, and the endless adventures of Swakopmund.
With fly-in safaris, you can cover vast distances allowing for more time for activities at your exclusive destinations. A ‘bird’s eye’ view offers a different perspective of our beautiful country.
- Cruising Speed: 280km/hr
- Cruising Altitude: 10 000 feet
- Maximum Range: 1380km
- Seating Configuration: 4 Passengers; 1 Crew
- Standard checked luggage allowance – 15 to 20 kg per passenger.
- The final luggage allowance per person is subject to the total body weight of all passengers, the number of passengers, the distance flying between destinations and the type of airstrip used for landing.
- Each flight and aircraft luggage allowance is individually calculated and amended according to the above-mentioned factors. ONLY SOFT BAGS PERMITTED.
- General terms and conditions of Desert Air Africa Safaris will apply
- Drastic increase in fuel levies on flights will apply
- Flight is subjected to weight and balance allowances
- All bookings and accommodation offered is subject to availability.
- Any additional requests, can be booked through Desert Air Africa Safaris
- Price includes VAT and tourism levy where applicable
- A deposit of 25% on the total amount payable for purposes of reserving or securing the booking
- All activities and flights along the coastal area, is weather conditions dependent.
- Private charter flight
- Meals, activities and road transfers as specified.
- International flights.
- Meals and beverages not specified.
- Travel and Medical insurance.
- Visa services.
|Windhoek International Airport to Fish River Canyon
|2 h 05 min
|Fish River Canyon to Lüderitz
|1 h 10 min
|Lüderitz to Sossusvlei
|Sossusvlei to Swakopmund including a scenic flight
|1h 20 min
|Swakopmund to Windhoek International Airport
|1h 05 min
Day 1 & 2
Fish River Canyon – Fish River Lodge
The immensity of this magnificent landscape is truly breathtaking. The towering rock faces and deep ravines forming the Fish River Canyon were formed by water erosion and the collapse of the valley due to movements in the earth’s crust.
Fish River Lodge is the only lodge situated directly on the Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon in the world. From sunrise to sunset, visitors enjoy breathtaking views of this geological wonder. The twenty chalets are perched on the brink of the canyon, far enough from each other to ensure peaceful exclusivity for all guests.
- Fish River Lodge – 2 Nights stay.
- Arrive at Windhoek International Airport (Hosea Kutako). Meet your pilot and fly to Fish River Lodge airstrip.
- Road transfer to Fish River Lodge
- Sundowner Nature Drive
The afternoon drive will take you along the top of the plateau where we will be stopping at two different viewpoints where you can admire the infinite vistas of the Canyon. The guide will also explain the geology, flora and fauna of this fascinating landscape. Watch the sun set while enjoying drinks, snacks and panoramic views of the canyon and meandering Fish River.
- Early Morning Canyon Drive
Experience an amazing variety of geological features as you journey into the depths of the second largest canyon in the world. See rough limestone, shiny quartzite, fine shale and dramatic fault lines. Catch your breath as you take in the dramatic views of the river.
Fish River Canyon Scenic flight, Lüderitz & Kolmanskop Day Excursion
Relish in a low level scenic flight over the Fish River Canyon to take in the magnitude of the landscape. On route to Sossusvlei Lodge you will do a stopover in Lüderitz for an unforgettable experience.
Explore Kolmanskop on a guided tour and experience an hour of magical history in the heart of the forbidden territory.
Guided drive through Lüderitz with photo opportunities at all scenic viewpoints. Touristic highlights are some of the well-maintained old houses and historic buildings from the German colonial times, built in Wilhelminian Art Deco style.
Some of these include the Deutsche Afrika Bank, the Railway Station, the Old Post Office, and the ‘church on the rocks’ otherwise known as Felsenkirche. The Goerke Haus is another remarkable feature not to be missed; it was built from the proceeds of the Diamond Industry.n
- Scenic Flight – Fish River
A scenic flight over the Fish River Canyon
- Scenic Flight – along the coast
A scenic flight along the Skeleton Coast towards Meob Bay before flying towards Sossusvlei
- Kolmanskop Tour
Explore the Kolmanskop Ghost Town
- Luderitz Guided Tour
A guided tour of the town of Luderitz
Day 3 & 4
Namib-Naukluft Park – Sossusvlei Lodge
The distinctive Sossusvlei landscape of subtle shifting burned orange and apricot coloured dunes, fashioned by the wind, towering above the desert floor will seduce any visitor and is a must see.
Accommodation at Sossusvlei Lodge feature a patio to enjoy views over the desert landscapes. Facilities include a sparkling pool, bar, sundowner deck, beer garden and an al fresco terrace where one can enjoy exquisite food, award-winning wines and magnificent views of the floodlit waterhole.
- Sossusvlei Lodge – 2 Nights stay.
- Fly from Lüderitz Airport to Sossusvlei. Road transfer to Sossusvlei Lodge.
- Sundowner Nature Drive
Depart from Sossusvlei Lodge in the late afternoon on a leisurely drive on the Lodge’s private reserve. Watch the shadows lengthen as your guide takes you out to a panoramic location where sundowner drinks and snacks will be served as you relax and watch the spectacular sunset. The inner tranquillity that a desert sunset imparts while you sit amongst nature is really something special.
- Sossusvlei & Deadvlei Breakfast Excursion
An early start from the Lodge to enter the Namib Naukluft Park at sunrise, while the temperature is still mild and when the dune contrasts are at their best. You will travel in one of the all-terrain URI Gameviewer vehicles, custom-built in Namibia for the Lodge, with your own specially trained guide who will share all his knowledge of the area, animals, plant life and much more with you.
Day 5 & 6
Swakopmund – Strand Hotel
Swakopmund offers many touristic attractions like splendid buildings, a wonderful town promenade the aquarium and many more. The nearby surroundings are also of touristic importance. Especially the coastal road flanked by dunes on the one side and by the Atlantic Ocean on the other is very impressive.
Located at the promenade with views of the ocean, Strand Hotel Swakopmund features a spa, three restaurants and a small brewery, which also specialises in Namibian and German meat dishes. Drinks and snacks can be enjoyed at the lounge bar or at the pavilion on the beach. The spa offers a variety of massages and also features a rooftop garden with water features.
- Strand Hotel – 2 Nights stay.
- Road transfer to Sossusvlei airstrip.
- Fly to Swakopmund with a scenic flight over Sossusvlei and the coastline.
- Road transfer to Strand Hotel.
- Guided Quad Biking in the Namib Desert
Take a majestic ride through the Namib Dunes on a Quad bike. Experience the sheer thrill of riding a quad bike through Namibia’s boundless expanse of shifting sand dunes. An experienced guide will read you through the Swakopmund River mouth into the dune belt. Tours include the Amphitheatre, roller Coasters, Big Billy and Devil’s Dip dunes.
- Seal and Dolphin Cruise
See Namibia’s ‘marine big five’ wildlife on a catamaran cruise for a marine educational sightseeing tour. Experience the thrill of dolphins leaping out of the water alongside the boat, seals fed by hand, fresh oysters and cold champagne on the calm waters of the Walvis Bay lagoon. The initial route takes you past oyster farms as you approach Pelican Point with its landmark lighthouse and 60,000 resident cape fur seals.